Get emails from SunCycling with special offers and more.
- Accessories (113)
- Bikes (268)
- Camelback (3)
- City (6)
- Coffee Shop (1)
- Components (339)
- COMPUTER (5)
- Consignment Vendors (1)
- Ebikes (88)
- eFoldable (4)
- Family (5)
- Foldable (5)
- Hybrid / Urban (1)
- Nutrition (2)
- Powermeter (1)
- Rent (1)
- SALE (1)
- Service (3)
- Tools (1)
- Trainers (6)
- URBAN BIKE (13)
- Wheels (32)
- Workshop (1)
Parlee Altum – Frameset – Grey/Yellow
- 0 In stock
The lightest model in the Altum series starts with our highest modulus carbon fiber material. Through a combination of complex FEA (Finite Element Analysis) modeling and physical testing, we engineered a new layup process that places the high modulus carbon fiber in strategic areas to maximize weight reduction without negatively impacting strength or stiffness.
One look at the new frame design reveals more pronounced tube shaping and transitions than those of the Altum’s Z series predecessors. The top tube and head tube flare out where they meet the head tube, as do the seat tube and down tube at the bottom bracket area. The result: a superlight frameset (750g frame/280g fork) with increased steering stiffness and pedaling efficiency.
Of course, it’s not just about stiffness and weight. Much of the carbon layup strategy is based on Parlee’s goal of attaining a certain ride quality. The Altum is engineered to feel “snappy” when you stand up and sprint but have just enough compliance, especially in the rear triangle, to give it a smooth ride quality. All of the Altum LE models use a traditional round 31.6mm seatpost with a hidden, integrated binder.
Other features of this model include increased tire clearance, from 23mm to 28mm, and a new fork design with an integrated carbon crown that helps increase stiffness while shaving 20 grams compared to Z5 SLi model fork. The internal cable routing is compatible with all major component groups, electronic or mechanical, and has been designed to make installation and service as simple as possible.
- DESIGN: Compact road geometry
- TT SLOPE: 9 degrees
- TUBING: PARLEE High Mod SL
- SEAT STAYS: Twin carbon
- TIRE SIZES: 20-28mm (measured)
- SEATPOST: 31.6mm, hidden binder
- CABLING: Full internal, mechanical, eTap or Di2/EPS compatible, quick access replaceable clip-in stops
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Press Fit 30 (68mm x 46mm)
- DROP OUTS: Carbon, replaceable hanger, quick release
- BRAKES: Caliper, centermount, internally routed
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Braze-on mount, replaceable
- STANDARD FINISH: Trident Black Pearl with Galaxy Gray Metallic and Enzo Red Graphics, Galaxy Gray Metallic fork and stay fills, Fine Metallic Silver logos
- OPTIONAL FINISHES: Custom finishes available
- FRAME WEIGHT: 725-850g
- FORK SPECS: PARLEE Road Carbon, tapered steerer, integrated crown race, QR, 280g
- HEADSET: Integrated Cane Creek, IS41 upper, IS47 lower
There are no enquiris yet.
Ask a Question