Get emails from SunCycling with special offers and more.
FASTEST BIKES IN TRACK CYCLING
To say we are proud is an understatement. In the past few days, our partnered federations won a total of 6 World Champion titles and 14 medals at the UCI Track Cycling World Championships in Pruszków, Poland.
On Wednesday we were thrilled to see Australia earn the rainbow jersey for the Women’s Team Sprint with Stephanie Morton and Kaarle McCulloch on our bikes, and as the competition went on, titles and medals kept coming:
Men’s Team Pursuit
– Gold + New World Record for Cycling Australia with a time of 3:48.012 (Kelland O’Brien, Leigh Howard, Alexander Porter and Sam Welsford)
– Bronze for Danmark Cyckle Union + new Danish record 3:51.408 (Lasse Norman Hansen, Rasmus Pedersen, Julius Johansen and Casper Von Folsach)
– Gold for Cycling Australia (Sam Welsford)
Women’s Team Pursuit
– Gold for Cycling Australia (Annette Edmondson, Ashlee Ankudinoff, Georgia Baker and Amy Cure)
– Silver for Cycling Australia (Stephanie Morton)
Women’s 500m time trial
– Bronze for Cycling Australia (Kaarle McCulloch)
– Silver for Cycling Australia (Georgia Baker and Amy Cure)
– Bronze for Danmarks Cykle Union (Amalie Dideriksen and Julie Leth)
Women’s Individual Pursuit
– Gold + new Australian record 3:25.921 for Cycling Australia (Ashlee Ankudinoff)
Women’s 25 km points race
– Gold for Cycling Australia (Alexandra Manly)
– Silver for Danmarks Cykle Union (Lasse Norman Hansen and Casper Von Folsach)
– Silver for Cycling Australia (Kaarle McCulloch)
Kudos as well to all participating Canadian federation athletes who gave their best during the whole competition and to other athletes who rode our bikes and climbed on the podium, like the Men’s Sprint’s bronze medallist: Mateusz Rudyk from Poland.
Congratulations to you all!
It is an honour for us to work alongside every single one of you.
Since our first involvement in track cycling, It was important for us, at Argon 18, to establish our brand as the leading force in the sport and offer athletes the best products so that they can truly shine on the track.
As they followed the Rio Olympics, where the Electron Pro was introduced with the Danish Track team, all our employees became active track cycling fans. It has become part of our DNA, and we won’t stop until we’ve designed the future of speed. By combining all our know-how and expertise in performance, aerodynamics and technology – by taking all we have learned and achieved with our road and triathlon bikes – we have what it takes to design track bikes like no other.
Now working in tandem with our partnered federations, our research and development team is right on track to go further than ever before. With all the work done behind the scenes, we are already looking forward to the next track season and what lies ahead for Tokyo 2020.